Mind24 was created by an Austrian company, and it has some very impressive features including:
- Mind maps collaboration in real-time.
- A large work area. You have a lot of space to work with due to the fact that the toolbar is located on the left of the workspace.
- You are able to use the “bird view” to see a larger and more complex overview of your mind maps. Using this viewport you can navigate your map and drag the window around the work area as well.
- Mind24 gives you the ability to add icons, web links and notes to your map nodes. Many of the mind map software that is available offer only one or two of these options but not all three of them. This software also enables you to add links to Wikipedia, in addition to to-do lists.
- The Mind24 mind map software has great support for various keyboard commands for the common operations that you will perform.
- Whenever you click on a hyperlink on your mind map, a conversation balloon will pop up, which shows the thumbnail image and the URL for the web page. Hence, you can easily visit the web page from your mind map. The great thing about this feature is that you will be able to see a preview of the webpage prior to you actually visiting it.
- Mind24 enables you to add several notes and files to one topic.
- You have great support when exporting your mind maps to RTF format, MindManager and FreeMind.
These are just some of the features of Mind24. It is one of the best mind map software that is available on the Internet for free, and it will enable you to activate the creative side of your brain so that you will find it easier to brainstorm and complete various projects that you have.
Labyrinth is a Very Simple and Basic Mind Mapping Application for Linux and Windows
Developers are Linux software are known to create a framework of applications for mind maps. Three of the top mind map applications that they have created are Labyrinth, Semantik and View Your Mind (VYM). All three of these applications do have their disadvantages; however, there advantages outweigh the disadvantages, and they are a great way to help you organize your thoughts as well.
The fact of the matter is that mind mapping methods do not work for everyone. It has nothing to do with the software; instead it has to do with the mindset of the person using the software, and the various types of brainstorming and outlining that there are. Mind mapping helps to combine the creative and logical sides of your brain, in order to achieve better results. Let us now take a look at some of the keep features of Labyrinth maps.
- Labyrinth Maps – This mind map software can be described as a thought maze, as it is exactly what it does. It has all the graphical features of Semantik, but without fussy interface. Labyrinth is very simple. Because of its display many persons think that it is no good; however, that is far from the truth. Everything that it lacks in icon-driven menus and overlapping menus is made up for in ease of use and results.
- The Setup – There are no configuration options that come with the Labyrinth software. It menu options are very simple and bare; however, it still manages to creative mind maps with great ease. When the mind map program opens, you will see a window that has a list of all the saved maps, in addition to icons for Delete, Open and New. The File drop-down menu has the same options, and its Help menu is not really effective. When you select the ‘New’ option from the toolbar, a blank creation screen will appear. On the bottom of the screen you will see options for foreground color, background color and font type. The top of the window has icons for File, Edit, Mode and a few other icons for drawing.
- Sketch Pad Mentality – The Labyrinth mind map software is pretty much like a sketch pad; you are able to connect your ideas using scalable shaped and various colors, and you can also drag the nodes anywhere in the working space. In order to create a parent branch entry, you need to double click on the blank space. The Edit mode operates just as how a text editor would work. If you choose to create a mind map that is full of colors, you can use the drawing mode to do so. You can combine entry effects by switching between the different modes.